As of 1 December 2016, financial institutions operating in Poland are obliged to collect information about customers’ tax obligations in the United States of America. Additionally, as of 1 May 2017, all financial institutions were obliged to gather information about customers’ tax obligations in other countries.
The obligations mentioned above are imposed by force of:
- Act of 9th October 2015 on the Execution of the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Poland and the Government of the United States of America to Improve International Tax Compliance and to Implement FATCA, (Journal of Laws 2015.1712, as amended thereafter)
- Act of 9th March 2017 on the exchange of tax information with other countries, Polish financial institutions are required to obtain a valid declaration about tax residency from their Clients (Journal of Laws 2017, item 648) (CRS Act).
What does it mean in practice?
Upon placement of orders for Santander Funds (at the Distributors’ outlets, over online), additional data may be required, including the information about tax obligations in countries other than the Republic of Poland. The customer may be requested to make a relevant statement.
Who should make the statement about tax obligations in other countries?
Each participant and every person interested in purchasing participation units of Santander Funds.
Is the statement on tax obligations in other countries obligatory?
If the order which you want to place includes questions regarding tax obligations, such questions must be answered for the order to be executed.
When do I have to file a statement about tax obligations in other countries?
At any time upon placement of an order.
Information for persons who opened sub-registers between 1 July, 2014 and 30 November, 2015
If you opened a sub-register of Santander Funds between 1 July, 2014 and 30 November, 2015 and did not file a statement on tax obligations at the time, it will not be possible to place redemption and conversion orders for the sub-register (legal basis: Act of 9th October 2015 on the Execution of the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Poland and the Government of the United States of America to Improve International Tax Compliance and to Implement FATCA, (Journal of Laws 2015.1712, as amended thereafter).
In order to regain the possibility of placing redemption and conversion orders, it is sufficient to file a statement on tax obligations:
- in person at the Santander Fund distributors, outlets, or
- by email by sending a scanned statement to the email address: email@example.com, or
- by mail by sending the statement to the address ProService Finteco Sp. z o.o., ul. Konstruktorska 12A, 02-673 Warszawa
The statements can be downloaded by clicking on the links below.
If the participant is a natural person conducting business operations, the form for natural persons should be completed which, in this case, refers to the business owner.
NOTE: Please complete all fields in the form. Only completely filled out forms will be accepted.
In the event of questions, please call TFI’s helpline at 801 123 801 (calls charged according to the operator’s tariff) or (+48) 22 431 52 25. The consultants are available Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
We also inform you that Santander TFI S.A. does not provide tax advice services and shall not be liable for the correctness of customers’ statements on their tax obligations. If you have any questions concerning tax matters, please consult a tax adviser.