The team of Santander Bank Polska economists
has been many times awarded by opinion-forming media. For many years, it has been among the leaders in the rankings of economic and market forecasts accuracy in Poland.
- In 2020 the team won the first place in the competition for the best macroeconomic analyst by Rzeczpospolita and Parkiet and was at the second place in the Refinitive Awards contest.
- In 2019 they were at the second place in the Refinitive FX forecasts competition, at the second place in Parkiet's ranking of macroeconomic and market forecasts and also at the second place in the FocusEconomics ranking of forecasts for Poland.
- In 2018, the team won the first FocusEconomics Analyst Forecast Award for the Polish economy with second place in EUR/PLN ranking. They ranked second in Gazeta Giełdy Parkiet macro ranking. They were the best EUR/PLN forecasters in 1Q, 2Q and 3Q in the Bloomberg FX ranking and second in Thomson Reuters ranking (with the first place in EUR/CZK in the latter).
- In 2016, the team won the Puls Biznesu overall FX forecasts ranking (EUR, USD, CHF) and Thomson Reuters EUR/PLN contest. They also ranked third in Poland for macro forecast and came in second in the overall FX ranking at FocusEconomics.
- In 2015, they ranked first in Poland for economic forecasts at Consensus Economics and second at FocusEconomics.
- In 2014, the team won Puls Biznesu EUR/PLN forecasts ranking and scored third in the overall FX ranking (EUR, USD, CHF).
- In 2013, the team won Puls Biznesu overall FX forecasts ranking (EUR, USD, CHF), came second in Parkiet Daily for Poland macro forecasts and second in Consensus Economics Poland forecasts.
- In 2012 the team won the competition by Bloomberg agency and the result it achieved for Poland was the second best in the world. They were first in Puls Biznesu macro forecasts ranking and second in Parkiet Daily macro forecasts ranking.
- In 2010, it was number 1 in that ranking of Gazeta Giełdy Parkiet and Maciej Reluga was rewarded with a statuette of a Bull and Bear for the Best Macroeconomic Analyst in 2010.
Graduated from Quantitative Methods of Economics at the Faculty of Economic Sciences at the Warsaw University where he also achieved a Doctoral degree in Economic Sciences. He has worked for Santander Bank Polska (formerly Bank Zachodni WBK) since 2017. Before that he worked as a financial market analyst at X-Trade Brokers, at the Polish Ministry of Finance, and for eight years covered the Polish economy and financial markets as an economist at ING Bank Śląski.
Cezary Chrapek, CFA
Graduate of Finance and Banking from the Warsaw School of Economics. He started building his experience at Bank Zachodni WBK (2005-2010), where he focused on the analysis of financial markets, in particular the interest rate and currency markets. He spent the following years in Citi Research at Bank Handlowy (2010-2023), where he had the opportunity to develop his competence in macroeconomic analysis. He has completed a number of courses on econometric modelling, forecasting and financial markets. He is a holder of the right to use the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation.
Director of the Economic Analysis Department
Graduated from the Quantitative Methods in Economics at the Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw. He also completed a number of courses in econometric modelling, forecasting and financial markets. For some time, he studied Mathematics at the University of Warsaw. Piotr joined Santander Bank Polska (formerly Bank Zachodni WBK) in 2001 and has since been analysing the Polish economy and financial markets, and providing forecasts. Previously, he worked for, among others, PKO Bank Polski, initially at the Financial Risk Department, and later as an economist co-creating one of the first macroeconomic analysis teams in the banking sector.
Graduated from Quantitative Methods of Economics and Information Systems at the Warsaw School of Economics. His major was econometrics. During his studies he demonstrated a strong interest in negotiations and successfully took part in negotiation tournaments. He has worked for Santander Bank Polska (formerly Bank Zachodni WBK) since early 2011. He has been a PhD candidate at Collegium of Economic Analysis, Warsaw School of Economics since 2012. He speaks English, German and Russian.
Chief Economist, CFO
Graduated from Quantitative Methods of Economics at the Faculty of Economic Sciences at the Warsaw University. He also completed a finance management program at the University at Namur (Belgium). For a number of years he has dealt with analyzing and forecasting economic indicators and developments. Since mid-2002, he has been the Chief Economist of Santander Bank Polska (formerly Bank Zachodni WBK), beforehand he worked for the NBP and ING. He completed many courses and training sessions in financial instruments, forecast and management methods. In 2010 he completed the Senior Management Programme in Banking at Swiss Finance Institute. In 2012 he accomplished the Strategic Leadership Academy at ICAN Institute. On 16 February 2017, Maciej Reluga was appointed to the Bank’s Managing Board as the Chief Financial Officer. Apart from his native language he speaks English and French.